Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quick update

We're looking forward to heading out to town tomorrow morning (Wed) for our regional conference in Madang. Once again, we'll be out for an extended period as I'll also be attending a translation workshop the last two weeks of October. And prior to the workshop I'll be having some portions of Acts that I've recently translated get checked by a translation consultant.
 
Some things to pray about:
 
For the logistics of 4 Mibu guys (Sesi, Lookas, Ekim, Kitanoo) getting from Mibu to Goroka to help with the translation check and the translation workshop. If for some reason they can't get out neither of these things can happen! The plan at the moment is to have them flown up to Goroka on the 9th of October.
 
For the translation check (October 10-13). That everyone doing the check is discerning and alert to potential problems with the translation so we can make sure that the very best possible translation has been made for the Mibu people.
 
For the translation workshop (October 14-27). This workshop is specifically to help me learn how to approach translation of the epistles, which are much more difficult than the material I've been translating up till now.
 
For my family during the workshop. I'll be attending the workshop by myself and so Shannon will have the girls on her own while staying at the guesthouse in Lapilo.
 
Other than that, not much else to write at the moment. But I thought I'd include a couple pictures for your viewing pleasure :)

1 comment:

Glennis said...

Keep up the good work.
Greetings from New Zealand.